New Tyres and Ball Ache Bearings
New tyres purchased and fitted, jobs-a-good'un! The bike roared into action with a solid ride to and from work on Wednesday followed by a faster run in this morning. Certainly I am not at my best and am looking to hit the hills harder and faster throughout the rest of January, starting this Saturday with my first 35miler of the year:
As you will see this is a repeat of a ride I designed in December, it's a real killer and I really look forward to it! Weather is usually an obstacle and if it is hammering down with rain then I'll likely do an indoor 30 mile session but it looks (according to the forecast) like I should be O.K.
My only concern is the bearing of the back wheel. Since I dropped the bike and punctured the back wheel I have noticed there is a wobble. This is likely caused by the bearings being off which is a fix I have never done before. I'm planning to book the bike into a service soon to have the brakes / gears reconfigured alongside replacing the chain (to avoid a race killing snap on The Argus), so may stick with this wobble until the middle of next month. This however presents a new problem; the wobble this morning leaned the wheel to the left making contact with the respective brake pad. If I am to continue to ride with the bearing off then I'll likely need to adjust the brake so that the back brake is not as tight to the wheel as it perhaps should be.
My only concern is the bearing of the back wheel. Since I dropped the bike and punctured the back wheel I have noticed there is a wobble. This is likely caused by the bearings being off which is a fix I have never done before. I'm planning to book the bike into a service soon to have the brakes / gears reconfigured alongside replacing the chain (to avoid a race killing snap on The Argus), so may stick with this wobble until the middle of next month. This however presents a new problem; the wobble this morning leaned the wheel to the left making contact with the respective brake pad. If I am to continue to ride with the bearing off then I'll likely need to adjust the brake so that the back brake is not as tight to the wheel as it perhaps should be.
Clearly I'll need to test all of the options available to me, for now here's a couple of pictures showing the old tyres (R) and the new tyres (L):
.jpg)

44 Days, 17 Hours, 28 Minutes and 4 Seconds until The Argus.

No comments:
Post a Comment